Unless you root your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7, you cannot make it work to its fullest powers. Many of the powers on your device are hidden lying behind a layer and rooting your device just breaks it and lets you enjoy what your device can truly offer you.
If that sounds good to you, here’s how you can root your device:
Files You Need
1. A Windows based computer is a must for this tutorial.
2. Download and install Samsung USB drivers on your computer, if they aren’t already installed.
3. Download Odin to your computer. It’s the tool used to flash Samsung devices.
4. Download CF-Root to your computer. It’s the file that will root your device.
5. This should only be tried on the SM-T550 device. The other alternative is learning how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 LTE (SM-T555).
6. Learn how to unlock the Developer Options menu on your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 and then enable the USB Debugging Mode.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
1. Extract files from Odin to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it’ll launch.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and choose CF-Root available on your computer. It’s the extracted CF-Root file in the form of .tar and not the archive itself.
4. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
5. Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checkmarked. It must be unchecked for the procedure to work.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Reboot your device into download mode. To do that, hold down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should enter the download mode.
9. Plug in your device to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and let it flash CF-Root on your device.
11. When it’s done flashing CF-Root, your device will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done!
You’ll boot up into the rooted mode on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 device. You can have the root-access confirmed using Root Checker on your device.
Find out how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 from our site.