Whether you have installed a custom recovery on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 or not, you can still gain root access on it using the CF-Root root method. The method flashes a custom file on your tablet that gains access to the root and the following guide shows everything in detail.
Here’s how to root your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with the model number SM-T810:
Files You Need
- You must be running a Windows-based computer in order to do this tutorial because the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- Ensure that Samsung USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer.
- This should flash CF-Root in order to achieve root access on your tablet.
- Download CF-Root to your computer. It should be flashed on your tablet.
- Download Odin to your computer. It will be used to flash CF-Root on your tablet.
- You should only try this on a SM-T810 device.
- Your tablet must be running on Android 5.0.2.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
- Unzip files from Odin over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. You can now use the extracted files.
- Launch the Odin tool by double-clicking on its executable file.
- When the Odin launches, click on PDA and choose CF-Root .tar available on your computer. This is the file that will be flashed on your phone.
- Make sure to uncheck the Re-partition option in the Odin.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Power down your tablet.
- Power up your tablet into the download mode. To do so, hold down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time. That should get your tablet into the download mode.
- Once in the download mode, plug-in your tablet to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- When the tablet is connected, hit Start in the Odin and it will start flashing CF-Root on your tablet.
- Wait for the Odin to flash CF-Root on your tablet.
- When the Odin’s done flashing CF-Root, your tablet should automatically reboot.
- You should now be rooted!
And there you go!
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 with the model number SM-T810 is now rooted and you can get it confirmed using the Root Checker app. The app will say you have proper access to the root.
Getting your tablet rooted is just half of what you are supposed to do to fully customize your device. In order to enjoy every custom development under the sun on your tablet, you should flash a custom recovery on your tablet which can be done by following our how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) tutorial.
Once you have done that tutorial, you will have a fully customizable device that can be taken to any extent for customization. Whether you wish to flash a custom ROM or run a root-requiring app, you will be able to do everything once you are both rooted and have a custom recovery.
There are tons of root-requiring apps on the Google Play store that can be loaded on your tablet. So, head over there and check out what it has for you. Maybe you will love and install all of those on your tablet? Who knows?