Maybe you have flashed a custom recovery on your device? Maybe you now want to gain root on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 as you just can’t stop yourself from getting those root-requiring apps anymore? Either way, the following guide should help you.
Here’s how you can go about rooting your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2. Once the tutorial’s done, you’ll have full access to root on your device.
Files You Need
1. You must have flashed a custom recovery on your device before you can do this tutorial. Please follow our how to install a custom recovery on the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 tutorial to learn how you can get a custom recovery up and running on your device.
2. Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract it, leave it as is.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2
1. Connect your phone to your computer in data transfer mode using a USB cable.
2. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the SD card storage on your phone.
3. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Turn off your phone.
5. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP, Home, and Power buttons together.
6. Once in recovery, select install zip.
7. Select SuperSU .zip on the SD card storage on your phone.
8. Wait for it to install SuperSU on your phone.
9. When it’s done installing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting reboot system now.
10. You’re now rooted!
Congrats! Your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 is now rooted. You should be able to see the SuperSU app in your app drawer that confirms that your phone is actually rooted.
Have fun with root-requiring apps!