After playing around with your Sony Xperia C3 for quite some time, you must be bored as there really isn’t anything exciting you can do with it. You’ve done everything with it you possibly could, and you must be thinking to sell it off.
Before you do that, we’d like to tell you that there’s a lot of things you can still do with your device, as long as you’re not afraid of rooting your device. Yes, root-access lets you enjoy many of those root-requiring apps that weren’t available before on your device. Those apps can help you go beyond normal usage on your device.
So, if you’re ready to take the plunge, here’s how you can get started:
Files You Need
1. You must have a custom recovery installed on your device before you can do the following tutorial. You can check out our how to install CWM Recovery on the Sony Xperia C3 tutorial to install a custom recovery on your device.
2. This should install SuperSU on your device to gain root-access.
3. Download SuperSU to your computer.
Rooting the Sony Xperia C3
1. Make sure you haven’t extracted SuperSU archive. Leave it in .zip format.
2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your device.
4. When SuperSU is copied, unplug your device from your computer.
5. Turn off your device.
6. Turn your device back on by holding down Volume UP and Power buttons simultaneously.
7. Your device should reboot into CWM Recovery mode.
8. Once in there, select install zip followed by install zip from storage.
9. Select SuperSU .zip you copied earlier to be installed on your device.
10. Wait for it to install SuperSU on your device.
11. When it’s done installing, reboot your device.
12. You’re all done!
Root-access has been successfully achieved on your Sony Xperia C3 and you can start using it right away. Head to Google Play and download and install your favorite root-requiring apps on your device. Have fun!