If there could be one way to root an Android device without much hassle, it would be to flash the SuperSU .zip from the recovery mode. The Sony Xperia E1 can be rooted using that way and it takes no more than a couple of minutes to get the job done.
If you’re one of those users wishing to root their Xperia E1, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. You must have installed a custom recovery on your device before you can do the following tutorial. Please head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Sony Xperia E1 tutorial to learn how you can install a custom recovery on your device.
2. Download SuperSU to your computer. It will achieve the root access on your device.
Rooting the Sony Xperia E1
1. The SuperSU archive must not be extracted. Leave it in its original format.
2. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
3. Copy SuperSU from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
4. When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
5. Turn off your phone.
6. Reboot your phone into recovery mode. To do that, hold down Volume UP+Power buttons at the same time.
7. Once in recovery, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. The options may be slightly different, depending on your recovery version. But you get the idea!
8. Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your device.
9. Wait for it to install SuperSU .zip on your device.
10. When it’s done installing, reboot your device.
11. You’re all done.
Your Sony Xperia E1 should now be rooted and you can confirm it using the Root Checker app.
Please share this article: