You know all those times when people tell you there is nothing you can do about your deleted or lost data? That’s not exactly true for rooted users. Once you complete the guide to root your Huawei MediaPad X2 device, you can install the Undelete app. The Undelete application is a master and getting back your lost data you accidentally deleted. There are a few apps on the market for rooted users which can do a similar thing, but the Undelete app is the one we recommend more than any of the others.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting exploit for the Xperia Play from this page.
- Download the ADB Drivers on your Windows computer.
- You are agreeing to void the Xperia Play warranty from Sony when you root the device using the steps below. There is no way you can root a device without voiding the warranty. Furthermore, you can unroot it later and the warranty should work again. That’s usually done by flashing an Xperia Play stock ROM back on your device.
Rooting the Sony Xperia Play
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode enabled on your Sony Xperia Play handset by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the ADB Drivers and run them on the computer.
- Download the rooting exploit and move it over to the desktop.
- Right-click the mouse over the rooting file and select the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Double-click and run that RunMe.bat rooting exploit and the program will run on the computer.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Play smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- The rooting program will now detect your device and soon it will have root access.
- Wait until the rooting is complete and then unplug the Xperia Play from the computer.
- Reboot the Xperia Play manually the normal way you would reboot the device.
- Now you are ready to open the Google Play Store app on your Xperia Play device and start installing the root-requiring apps like the Undelete app we mentioned earlier.
You might want to first install the root checker app instead so you can double-check the guide did work for your device. It makes it easier to troubleshoot if you have problems with your rooted apps later.