These are the instructions to root the Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i smartphone using a one-click rooting method directly from your computer.
You can install all the popular apps that require root access to run after you finish the guide below. Some of the best root-requiring apps include Titanium Backup for better backups and the Greenify app to make better use of your apps and conserving power.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting exploit for the Tipo device from this page.
- You must have a computer running the Windows operating systems if you are to use this guide. The one click rooting script won’t run on your computer for the Tipo unless it is Windows.
- You are voiding the warranty by Sony when you choose to root the Tipo smartphone. You can flash the right stock ROM back on the Tipo handset and the warranty will work again. That’s happens because your Tipo will be unrooted.
Rooting the Sony Xperia Tipo ST21i
- Turn on the USB Debugging Mode on your Xperia Tipo by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode. You might have to unlock the Developer Options menu if you cannot see if on your Xperia smartphone.
- Download the rooting package for the Tipo directly to the computer and shift it over to the desktop. You can do that by finding the default download location and dragging it over the desktop.
- Right-click over the rooting file and choose the “extract here” option.
- Connect your Xperia Tipo to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click over the RunMe.bat file you can see after you extract the rooting archive once.
- Follow the set of on-screen commands to finish the guide.
Now that you have managed to root the Sony Xperia Tipo smartphone, you can install a custom recovery on the device. A custom recovery will offer a better backing up option yet again with the NANDroid Backup feature. Taking a complete backup using the NANDroid backup is way better than Titanium Backup. Furthermore, since your device is already rooted, you can download the NANDroid Manager application from the Google Play Store and