So, you just saw your friend running root access on his phone the other day and you also wish to root your Sony Xperia TL that runs Android 4.3? If so, we are here to help you out.
Rooting the aforementioned device on the aforesaid Android version is now possible, all thanks to the universal Towelroot app. The app has made it possible for you to gain root access on your phone without flashing any of the custom files. All you need to root your phone is to tap a single button in the app and voila, your phone is rooted.
Here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- Your Xperia TL must be running on Android 4.3 in order for this tutorial to work. This will not work on any other firmwares.
- The following method uses the Towelroot app to gain root access on the phone.
- Download Towelroot APK to your computer. It can be downloaded for free using the given link.
Rooting the Sony Xperia TL running Android 4.3
- Connect your Xperia TL to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Make sure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy Towelroot APK from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place the file on the top so you can find it easily at a later time.
- When Towelroot is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn on the Unknown sources option on your phone by going to Menu->Settings->Security on your phone and enabling the Unknown sources option.
- Launch File Manager and tap on Towelroot to install the app on your phone.
- Wait for the app to be installed on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, open it from your phone’s main menu.
- The app has got only one button that says make it ra1n. Tap on it to start rooting your phone.
- The app should begin rooting your phone. It should not take too long.
- When the app’s done rooting your phone, reboot your phone.
- When your phone reboots, head over to the Google Play store and download and install SuperSU on your phone.
- Launch SuperSU after it has been installed on your phone.
- Allow the app to update its binary files.
- When the binary files have been updated, close the app.
- You should now be fully rooted!
And, your Sony Xperia TL running the stock Android 4.3 is now rooted. Cheer up, buddy!
Now that the root access is up and running on your phone, you should probably go ahead and check out our how to install a custom recovery on the Sony Xperia TL tutorial to see how you can install a custom recovery on your phone. A custom recovery is nothing but an improved version of the stock recovery that lets you do many more things than the stock one. For example, it lets you flash a custom ROM, flash a custom kernel, and even backup these things that are already running on your phone.
If you wish to have only root access and no custom recovery, that is also fine. Root access alone can let you install root-requiring apps on your phone which allow you to decorate your phone with the things that you want and remove everything that you do not want, the bloatware apps, especially.