These are the instructions to root the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet. It’s a simple process using a custom and pre-rooted kernel. Once you have root access you can start thinking about installing a custom recovery. You might find TWRP recovery or ClockworkMod recovery available. Philz touch has also been known to come with some Xperia deices in the past. The following guide only let’s you install those apps from the Google Play Store that require rooting permissions.
The files You Need
- Download the pre-rooted kernel for the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet from here.
- The pre-rooted custom kernel is the only file you need. The guide is a quick one; however, you should still back up the data before starting so you don’t lose data if forced to factory reset.
- You will need to enable the USB Debugging Mode. Navigate to the Apps > Settings App > Developer Options > check the box that says USB Debugging. Now you can connect the Z4 tablet to the computer.
Rooting The Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet
- Download the pre-rooted kernel directly to the Windows computer.
- Unzip the folder so you can use the executable file inside.
- Connect the Sony Xperia Z4 tablet to the computer in Fastboot Mode.
- Open the command prompt by holding the Shift and right-clicking in the folder where you have the custom kernel.
- Type the first command: “fasboot flash boot boot.img”.
- Press the Enter key on the keyboard to confirm the command.
- That’s all you need to have the device rooted.
- Now type the next command: “fastboot reboot”.
- The Sony Xperia Z4 tablet will now reboot and be ready to install the applications. You can make sure the guide went to plan by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store.