So, finally, here comes root for the Spice Dream Uno. If you unlocked the bootloader and flashed a custom recovery on your phone, you’re all set to enjoy root-access on your phone.
Root brings forth many options for you to customize your phone, which include installing root-requiring apps, flashing a custom ROM, and doing many more tweaks that help you improve the performance of your phone.
So, here’s how to root your Spice Dream Uno:
Files You Need
- The bootloader on your phone must be unlocked for this tutorial to work. If you haven’t done so yet, please head here to learn how you can unlock the bootloader on your phone.
- You must have a custom recovery on your phone. You can use our how to flash a custom recovery on the Spice Dream Uno tutorial to flash one on your phone.
- Make sure that ADB drivers are installed on your Windows running computer.
- Download ADB to your computer. It’ll help you reboot your phone into recovery mode.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. It’ll help you achieve root-access on your phone.
Rooting the Spice Dream Uno
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone on your phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times. It should unlock the developer options menu for you.
- Head back to Settings menu and tap on Developer options. Turn on the USB debugging option.
- Plug in your phone to your computer via a USB cable.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- Extract files from ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Launch a Command Window in the ADB folder by holding down Shift on your keyboard and right-clicking anywhere on your screen and selecting Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the window and press Enter:
adb reboot recovery
- Your phone should reboot into ClockworkMod Recovery mode.
- When your phone is in recovery mode, select install zip from sdcard.
- Select choose zip from sdcard on the screen that follows.
- Select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the prompt and wait for it to flash SuperSU on your phone.
- When it’s done flashing SuperSU, reboot your phone by selecting reboot system now.
- Your phone should reboot.
- And you’re now rooted!
Your Spice Dream Uno has been successfully rooted using the ClockworkMod Recovery and SuperSU package.
Feel free to load-up your favourite root-requiring apps on your phone, as they will all work flawlessly now!