If you are a Sprint LG G2 user then you will be happy to know that now you can root your LG G2 in seconds. You just need to click some buttons with your mouse and your phone will be rooted in no time. This process is not risky if you do it properly. So be ready to root your phone and read all part of this article carefully.
You should know that rooting process is not recommended by Google or LG because rooting is a very risky process and may brick your device if you haven’t done the process carefully. Rooting your phone also results in violation of the warranty that means you can’t claim warranty of your phone once it’s rooted.
The tools you need to make this root process possible is a windows based PC, a USB cable and an internet connection. Also make sure to disable any anti-virus installed on your PC. To ready your phone you just need to enable USB debugging mode on it, you can do that by going to settings > about phone > tap on build number 7 times then go back to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here.
Make a back up of all the important data stored on your phone. You can sync your phone’s contacts to your Google account, this way you can’t lose them ever. Make a backup of all the media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive so if anything goes wrong during this process then you will be sure that your data is secure.
Before going any further you must read these points below carefully.
1. Your phone should be charged to at least 50% battery so it won’t get off during this process.
2. This root process is only for Sprint version Of LG G2 so don’t try to root any other devices using this process as it may brick your device.
Steps to Root Sprint LG G2 LS980
- Download and install LG USB drivers on your PC, also disable any kind of antivirus during this process if installed on your PC.
- Download the root package from here and extract it on desktop of your PC. This package contains all the required files.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Now from the extracted folder run the LG Root Script.bat batch file by double clicking it.
- Now sit back and enjoy some music till the root process, and when your phone rebooted automatically then unplug your phone and check if your phone is rooted or not by going here.
Congrats! Your phone has been rooted and if you facing any error then you can ask me by posting them in the comment section below, I will be happy to help you.
You can click this root checker link and download the app from Google Play to verify it’s working.