If you own one of the Symphony Xplorer W140’s then you will be happy to read this: rooting your phone is now possible and you don’t need any software or PC to root your phone. Today I’ll tell you a very simple and easy way with which you can easily root your phone.
Rooting is an illegal process also not recommended by Google or Symphony because rooting is a very risky process and may brick your phone if not done properly so always root your phone carefully. Rooting also voids your phone’s warranty so you will be charged for any technical assistance after rooting your phone.
You need some tools to root your phone successfully. You need a windows based PC, a USB cable and your phone. On the PC, make sure that there should not be any anti-virus installed in it, if it have any then disable it during the rooting process.
On your phone enable USB debugging mode by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here, if developer options is not there then unlock it by going to settings > about phone > tap on build number 7 times.
Your phone should be charged to at least 50% battery as your phone going to restart several times during this process.
Back up all of your important data stored on your phone before rooting your phone. Sync all of your phone’s contacts to your Google account so you can restore them back when ever you want. Back up all of your media files to your PC or any other external drive so it will stay safe there.
Steps to root Symphony Xplorer W140
- First download Framaroot.apk and move it to your phone.
- Now enable installation of applications from Unknown resources by going to settings > security > check the Unknown Resources check box.
- After this install the Framaroot.apk downloaded earlier and launch it from app drawer.
- This application is in different language so tap on exactly what is written here “Boromir”.
- Then you will be presented with a success message that means your phone is rooted successfully.
Congratulations!! Your phone has been rooted successfully and now you can install any app needs root. Also you can customize your phone. You can also post your query in the comment section below. Also like and share this article with your friends.
You might wish to check yourself that it’s working by installing one of the root checker apps from Google Play.