When you choose to root the Tecno H5 device with the KingRoot app, you can find ways to save space on your smartphone. Moving data over to SD cards is still not easy, and with root access there are dedicated apps for that. Even better than using apps for moving data to an SD card, custom ROMs like CyanogenMod often let users force apps to SD card, freeing up heaps of memory space at the same time. Rooting the Tecno handset will also mean you choose to remove bloatware your manufacturer calls stock apps. Furthermore, rooting might help you install a custom ROM if you cannot install a new ROM from just having a custom recovery alone. If that’s the case, then you should find some new custom ROMs that are faster and lighter by using up less RAM on your device.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot universal one-click rooting app from here.
- You are voiding the Tecno warranty by following this guide. You will not root, unlock the bootloader or install a custom recovery on the Tecno H5 without voiding the warranty.
- You can unroot the Tecno device by opening the KingUser app from your app drawer and choosing the option to full unroot the device. Doing so will return it back to the stock ROM.
- You can use this guide to root the Tecno H5 device without a computer technically, but we are showing you how to do it from the computer.
Rooting the Tecno H5
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources turn on from the Tecno H5 settings by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Now your Tecno device can install third-party apps from outside the Google Play Store.
- Download the KingRoot APK directly to your computer and have it waiting on the desktop.
- Connect the Tecno H5 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable you would use for charging the battery.
- Copy the KingRoot APK file from the desktop of the computer to the root of the internal SD card storage space.
- Once you have the universal rooting app on your device, unplug it from the computer.
- Launch any File Manager you have on your H5 device or install one from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the KingRoot application from your H5 devices app drawer once you have it installed.
- Tap on the large button suggesting root access from the apps main front page.
- Wait as the KingRoot tool pings back the results from its own servers and manages to hack the system internals of your device.
- Soon the app will give you the Pass message from the screen and you can exit the app.
- Reboot the Tecno H5 manually the same way you would usually reboot the device.
Open the Google Play Store application on your smartphone and search for the root checker app. Open the root checker app from your app drawer once it finishes downloading and follow the prompts to check if it worked.