The KingRoot universal one-click rooting tool does root the Tecno P5 smartphone, according to an XDA Developers member who has made a dedicated thread. There is one downside to using the KingRoot one-click rooting tool and that is that it is intended as more for people who just want to use rooted apps from the Google Play Store.
Anyway, according to the XDA member, it is the Chinese version of the application you must install to root the Tecno P5. Sometimes you hear about people saying KingRoot roots their device and people try it but with no success. That’s likely because they are using a different version of the application. It has many APK version updated, but more than that, it also comes in unique languages and those languages come with unique APKs better suited for some devices.
Files You Need
- Download the Chinese version of the KingRoot universal rooting application from this page over at XDA Developers.
- You are agreeing to void the Tecno warranty by following this guide. You can flash the stock ROM back on your device and the KingRoot tool should be gone. otherwise, just open the KingUser app that you’ll see on your P5 device and choose the unrooting option from within the KingUser application. The KingUser app is one of three apps you get installed on your Tecno smartphone after you install the KingRoot APK file on your device.
- These are the steps to root the Tecno P5 smartphone without a PC. We are showing you how to transfer the APK file the safest way using the computer, but you don’t have to do it that way if you don’t have a computer.
Rooting the Tecno P5
- Turn on the Unknown Sources option from the P5 menu by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources. Now your P5 handset can accept third-party apps from outside the Play Store — where you will find this rooting app.
- Download the KingRoot app from the link above and shift it to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Tecno P5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you normally use for charging the battery.
- Copy the KingRoot APK file to the root of the P5 smartphone internal storage SD card.
- Unplug the device from the computer once you have it on the internal storage.
- Open a File Manager on your Tecno P5 device, or install one from the Google Play Store if you don’t have one already.
- Launch the app that says ‘KingRoot’ from your app drawer and click the large button suggesting Root access.
- Once you click that rooting button, the rooting app will do its thing and continue to unchain the system internals of your device so the operating system is officially unlocked.
- Wait until you get the ‘success!’ message on the display before exiting the KingRoot app.
- Reboot the Tecno P5 device manually before doing anything else.
- Once you are using the P5 smartphone in normal mode, open the Google Play Store and install the root checker app. Now open the root checker app and follow the on-screen commands to check if your device is rooted. Update the Superuser access if requested on the display.
- Now you can open the Google Play Store again and start installing your root-requiring apps like the Greenify app.