Once you root the Verizon Droid Razr HD device, you can start installing the rooted apps like the Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app. The Trickster MOD Kernel Settings is one of the few applications that lets you overclock the GPU while still having plenty of functionality. Those of you who are interested in increasing the performance of your device should check out the Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app once you are done with the guide.
Files You Need
- Download the Towelroot application from its website from this link: http://towelroot.com.
- These are the steps to root the Verizon DROID RAZR HD with the model number XT926 without a PC and running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. You can download this app directly to your device without having to transfer it from the SD card internal storage.
- You are voiding the warranty on your DROID RAZR HD device by following this guide. The Towelroot app does not come with a unroot option with the app, so you’ll need to flash a stock ROM back on the device if you are to get the warranty back again.
Rooting the Verizon DROID RAZR HD XT926 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Turn on the Unknown Sources option from your settings on the DROID RAZR HD device by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Open the Google Chrome app on your DROID smartphone and enter the Towelroot website.
- Tap over the red Lambda symbol you can see that is available from the middle of the page.
- Save the tr.apk file to your RAZR HD evice.
- Pull down the DROID notification shade and confirm the download complete notification.
- Tap on the Install option.
- Pull down the DROID notification shade once again and confirm the download complete notification.
- The Towelroot app will now open on your device and you are ready to click the Make it Ra1n button.
- Wait while the one-click rooting app opens the system internals on your device and delivers it root access. You will get a confirmation screen when it’s done.
- Open the Google Play Store app on your DROID HD device and install the SuperSU by Chainfire app. Open the SuperSU and agree to update any SU binary if you are prompted to get that done before it starts working. That SuperSU app is now keeping your device safe from any malware apps.
Open the Google Play Store again and install the root checker app. Open that same root checker app and agree to give it Superuser access if required. Check that your device has root access before starting to install the other root-requiring apps on your device like the Trickster MOD Kernel Settings app.