If your Verizon is your favourite carrier and if you just picked an Ellipsis 7 device from there, you’d be glad to know that your device can now be rooted. All thanks to Framaroot, you’re now just a few steps away from gaining root-access on your device that will completely change your experience with your device.
More apps, more freedom, more things to do – is all you get when you root an Android device. So for you folks, here’s how to root your Verizon Ellipsis 7:
Files You Need
- You do not need a computer in order to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded and installed on your device. The guide below contains steps for a computer, however.
- Download Framaroot to your computer. It’s a universal root app that roots a number of Android devices running various versions of the OS.
- Backup anything that you think is important, in case something goes wrong.
Rooting the Verizon Ellipsis 7
- Connect your Ellipsis 7 device to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure you can transfer files from your computer over to your device.
- Copy Framaroot from your computer over to the internal storage on your device.
- When Framaroot is copied, unplug your device from your computer.
- Head to Menu followed by Settings on your device. Tap on Security and enable the option that says Unknown sources. What it’ll do is allow you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your device.
- Open File Manager and tap on Framaroot to install the app on your device.
- Launch the app once it’s installed.
- Tap on Baramir in the app and it should begin rooting your device.
- Wait for the app to gain root-access on your device.
- When the app’s done rooting your device, reboot your device.
- You’re all set!
Your Verizon Ellipsis 7 is now rooted. You can have the root-access confirmed using Root Checker on your device. If it says you’re rooted, you’re all set!
Now go ahead and load-up your device with your favourite apps. Check this post out to learn more about root-access.