One of the reasons you should root your Wiko Rainbow is that you will get the ability to install root-requiring apps on your device once you’re rooted. Apps like Xposed make it possible for you to customize almost every aspect of your device. From how your device reacts to various actions to how it loads apps in its memory, everything becomes customizable when you’re rooted.
So, we thought we’d create a guide for you to root your Wiko Rainbow. And here it is:
Files You Need
1. You don’t need a computer in order to do this tutorial. You can directly download the Framaroot app on your device.
2. Download Framaroot to your computer.
Rooting the Wiko Rainbow
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Framaroot from your computer over to the internal SD card storage on your phone.
3. When Framaroot is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your device and enable Unknown sources. It’ll let you install apps from outside the Google Play store on your device.
5. Open File Manager and tap on Framaroot to install the app on your phone.
6. When the app’s installed, open it from your phone’s main menu.
7. Tap on Barahir in the app and wait for it to root your phone.
8. You’ll get a confirmation when your phone’s rooted.
9. Reboot your phone once it’s rooted.
10. You’re done!
Hurray! Root-access has been achieved on your Wiko Rainbow and you should find the SuperSU app in your app drawer to manage root permissions.
Now that you’re rooted, you can install a custom recovery on your Wiko Rainbow to get the most out of it using custom ROMs.