If you tried rooting your Wiko Ridge 4G using the Framaroot app with no luck, you can use the below method that’s been confirmed to be working for the aforementioned device.
To root the Wiko Ridge 4G, all you need to do is just follow the instructions in the rooting tool given below and it should help you gain root-access on your phone. Once you’re rooted, you’re free to do whatever customizations you want on your phone.
So, here’s how to root:
Files You Need
- You must have a computer that runs Windows to do this tutorial.
- Download and install ADB drivers on your computer, if they are not already installed.
- Download Wiko Root Package to your computer. It contains everything you need to root your Wiko Ridge 4G.
- Ensure that your phone has at least 50% battery life left before you do this tutorial.
Rooting the Wiko Ridge 4G
- Right-click on Wiko Root Package and select Extract here to extract the compressed files on your computer.
- On your phone, head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it should say you’re a developer. It’ll unlock the developer options menu for you.
- Head back to Settings and tap on Developer options. Enable the USB debugging option.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Double-click on Root Wiko Ridge .bat file that you extracted from the archive.
- Press any key on your keyboard when you’re told to do so in the tool.
- Your phone should reboot into recovery mode.
- When your phone is in recovery mode, enter any key on your keyboard for the tool to move on to the next rooting step.
- Wait for the tool to install required files on your phone.
- You’ll be prompted on your phone. Hit Yes and you’ll be all set.
- When that is done, press any key on your keyboard for the tool to finish its processes.
- When the tool’s done doing its thing, reboot your phone.
- You’re now rooted!
And there you go.
Your Wiko Ridge 4G is now rooted and the same can be confirmed using Root Checker on your phone.
Go ahead and load-up your phone with whatever root-requiring apps you want from the Google Play store!