While the Xiami Mi Pad can be rooted using the Vroot universal rooting app, a better and a hassle-free way to do so would be to use the following method that flashes the SuperSU app using the stock recovery and helps you root your device.
It will only take a couple of seconds to completely root the device and let you run your favorite root-requiring apps on it. Here’s how:
Files You Need
1. This tutorial should work whether you’re on Developer ROM or on Stable ROM.
2. Download update.zip to your computer. It is the file that will help you root your device.
Rooting the Xiaomi Mi Pad
1. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy update.zip from your computer over to the root folder on the internal storage of your device.
3. When the file is copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. Turn off your device.
5. Reboot your device by holding down Volume UP+Power buttons at the same time.
6. Your device should reboot into the stock recovery mode.
7. Once in the recovery, select English as your language.
8. On the screen that follows, select Install update.zip to System One.
9. Hit Yes when prompted.
10. Wait for it to flash the selected file on your device.
11. When it has done flashing the file, reboot your device.
12. And you’re done!
Congratulations! Your Xiaomi Mi Pad is now rooted and you can confirm the same using Root Checker on your device.
Did you know that root-access only allows installations of root-requiring apps but a custom recovery lets you flash a whole new operating system on your device? If you wish to do that, follow our how to install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Mi Pad tutorial to install a custom recovery on your device that will let you flash a custom ROM on your device.
Please share this article: