Thanks to the less restrictions on the Xiaomi MI3, you can easily gain root on the device and start working with your favorite root-requiring apps. The software on the said device isn’t one of those that require hard rooting and things like that.
Once rooted, your device should start accepting root-requiring apps, and then eventually you can flash a custom recovery that helps you flash a custom ROM on your device. Does this all sound good to you? huh.
Here’s how you can root your device:
Files You Need:
1. Download the Root Package file depending on the build number of your device. Do NOT extract the file, leave it as is.
Rooting the Xiaomi MI3
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Root Package from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When it’s copied, disconnect your device from your computer.
4. On your device, head to Menu->Settings->General Settings and tap on About phone.
5. Tap on the System updates option.
6. Choose Select update package and select the root package file you copied earlier to your device.
7. Once the update is applied, reboot your device.
8. Launch the Security app from your app drawer.
9. Tap on the Permission option.
10. Toggle the button next to Root permission.
11. You’re now rooted!
You got it done!
Your Xiaomi MI3 is now rooted and you can confirm it by installing the Root Checker app on your device. If it says you’re rooted, you’re all set.
A custom recovery is also available for the Xiaomi MI3, and you can follow our guide here to install the same on your device.
Please share this article: