There are hundreds of reasons to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 On Android 5.0 Lollipop. One of those reasons is to install the Greenify app that is available from the Google Play Store. With Greenify, you can “green-up” your device and make it run better. Greenify helps you optimize your battery and the Redmi device in general. Think of it is giving the device as tune-up and you are the mechanic thanks to the Greenify application.
The said app works by hiding any apps that are using up unnecessary power in the background of your Android operating system. We wouldn’t usually recommend installing more applications on your device, but this is one app that can do a great deal of good to your device after installing it properly.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot APK from its home at XDA Developers from this page.
– the latest version of the KingRoot app is updated to root the Redmi Note 2 and you will find that available on this page.
- These are the steps to root Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 on Android 5.0 Lollipop. You should downgrade to Android 5.0 if you want to use this guide without any bricking concerns.
- The following guide to root the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 does void the warranty. You can get the warranty working again by opening the KingUser application after you install the KingRoot app and choose the unroot button. Unrooting the Redmi Note 2 using the KingUser will return your device back to stock and the way it was originally before following this guide.
Rooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note 2
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources enabled on your Redmi Note 2 device by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK from the link above directly to your computer and move it to the desktop.
- Connect the Redmi Note 2 device to the computer and transfer the file to the root of the SD card.
- Unplug the Note 2 from the computer once it’s on the SD card.
- Launch any File manager you have on the Redmi device, or install a new File Manager.
- Install the KingRoot APK on your device and find it from your app drawer once the installation is complete.
- Tap the KingRoot icon and enter the app.
- Tap your finger over the button that says Root and wait for the universal one-click rooting tool to complete rooting your device. You should see a progress bar on the screen showing you how much is left to go.
- Once that progress bar reaches 100%, you should see a “success!” message on the display.
- Now exit the app and manually reboot your device as you normally would any other day.
You are ready to hit up the Google Play Store and start installing your new root-requiring applications like the Greenify app.