While Xiaomi has put all of its efforts to ensure you get everything out of your Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime phone, there are still many things that cannot run on an unrooted stock firmware. To run these custom things on your phone, you need a special privilege called Root Access and that is exactly what you are going to be getting by following the following tutorial.
This tutorial is all about rooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime phone and getting root-requiring apps running on it. If you are interested in that, here you go:
Files You Need
- This should install a rooted firmware on your phone to give you access to the root. So, please backup everything on your phone before doing this tutorial.
- Download Rooted Firmware and save it to your computer. Do NOT extract the archive as it must be in archive format for it to be flashed on your Redmi Note Prime.
Rooting the Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime
- Launch File Manager on your phone and create a new folder called “downloaded_rom” in the root directory of the internal storage on your phone. This is where you will be placing the rooted firmware.
- Plug in your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone is able to receive files from your computer.
- Copy Rooted Firmware .zip from your computer over to the “downloaded_rom” folder that you created previously.
- When Rooted Firmware is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Launch the Updater app from the app drawer on your phone.
- When the app launches, press the Menu button and select Choose update package.
- Navigate to your internal storage and open the “downloaded_rom” folder and choose Rooted Firmware .zip to be flashed on your phone.
- It should begin flashing the firmware on your phone. It will take a couple of minutes to do that.
- Reboot your phone when the firmware is flashed.
- When the phone reboots, launch the Security app from the app drawer.
- Tap on Permissions in the app.
- Now head over to the Google Play store or your favourite source for Android apps and download and install all of the root-requiring apps that you will be using on your phone.
- Launch these root-requiring apps when they are installed. Since root has not been enabled on your phone yet, these apps will not work but you will sort that out in the following steps.
- Open the Security app once again and tap on Root Access Permissions.
- Here you will see a list of the apps that need root access to run. Provide them with the required permissions by tapping them in the app.
- Re-launch those root-requiring apps and this time they will work fine.
- You are now rooted!
Congrats! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime has been successfully rooted and is already running with the root-requiring apps.
One thing that you now need to install a custom ROM on your phone is a custom recovery. Our guide on how to install a custom recovery on the Xiaomi Redmi Note Prime should help you get that on your phone. So go ahead and get that tutorial done as well.