One of the fastest root methods – Framaroot – can now be used to gain root on the XOLO Q1010i and if you happen to have this phone, the only thing I’d suggest is just go ahead and get that beast rooted.
Here’s how to root:
Files You Need
- You do not actually need a computer in order to do this tutorial as the root app can directly be downloaded on your device. However, we have included the steps for a computer in the tutorial.
- This uses the universal Framaroot app to gain root access on your XOLO Q1010i.
- Download Framaroot APK to your computer. It will be transferred to your phone.
Rooting the XOLO Q1010i
- Connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable and ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy Framaroot APK from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone. Place it on the top so it is easily accessible.
- When Framaroot APK is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Head to Menu->Settings->About phone and tap on Build number for 7-8 times and it will say you are a developer. It should unlock the developer options menu on your phone.
- When developer options menu is unlocked, head to Menu->Settings->Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Security on your phone and turn on Unknown sources. Turning on this option allows you to install apps from outside the Google Play store on your phone.
- Launch File Manager and tap on Framaroot APK to install the app on your phone.
- When the app’s installed, launch it from your app drawer.
- When the app launches, make sure that the dropdown menu says Install SuperSU.
- Tap on Barahir in the app and it will begin rooting your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- As soon as the app’s done rooting your phone, it will pop-up a success message on the screen.
- Reboot your phone for the changes to take effect.
- When your phone reboots, you should be able to see the SuperSU app in your app drawer that indicates you do have root access on your phone.
- You are now rooted!
Congratulations! Your XOLO Q1010i has been successfully rooted using the Framaroot universal root app and you can confirm the same using the Root Checker app, if you wish.
So, root access is all you need to install root-requiring apps on your phone. These apps do not run on unrooted phones and you must have access to the root in order to enjoy these apps on your phone, which you already have. Therefore, go ahead, hit up the Play Store, and look for the best root-requiring apps that you can install on your phone.
Also, you can now install a custom recovery on your XOLO Q1010i as you already have root access. A custom recovery should help you flash many things on your phone that cannot be flashed with just root access. So, that is another goodie you are getting by rooting your phone.