Micromax did a great job of collaborating with CyanogenMod and made a budget device for Indian market, for Indians Yuphoria is the best budget Android device. This device is filled with the power of CyanogenMod 12 OS, which is the powerful OS now available on the internet also highly customizable and can tweak your phone’s performance up to a limit but for that you need to root your phone first.
Rooting your phone may be sometimes harmful for your device if you don’t do that perfectly. Also your phone may lose its warranty if the manufacturer don’t support it. After rooting you can do some awesome things with your rooted device. Xposed installer is the best app for rooted device (here is Xposed alpha for your phone). If you haven’t tried it before then try it once you will love it.
You need for this root process is a Windows-based PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone. Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on Build number 7 times. Now come back to the Settings > Developer Options > check the USB debugging option from there. Before proceeding to the steps, check the battery level on your phone first. Make sure it is above 50% so it can survive the rooting process.
Backup all of your important data to any safe place to keep it safe from any damage. Backup all of your important media files to your PC or any other external drive which will keep them safe. Contacts are the important thing in a phone so better keep them safe by syncing them to your Google account.
Steps to root YU Yuphoria using KingRoot app:
- First you need to download this King Root app from here and save it on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC as mass storage and move that APK file to your phone’s SD card.
- Now go here to read how to install that APK file to your phone.
- After installation go to all apps and launch KingRoot app from there.
- You will see your phone’s model number with a big blue button at the bottom of the screen with “START ROOT” written on it.
- Hit that “START ROOT” button and rooting will get started automatically.
- After some time your phone will get rooted and you will see a tick icon on the screen.
- After that you have to reboot your phone once to take effect.
That’s it! Your YU Yuphoria phone has the root access you need to begin installing a custom recovery and installing root-only apps from Google Play. You can learn how to install CyanogenMod 12.1 on the YU Yuphoria. To check the root access you can install any root checker app from here. Furthermore, for any query you can contact me using the comment section below.