If you aren’t gaining those rooting privileges, then you aren’t using Android right. Those are the words preached by many in the Android community. With root access, you are finally able to take control of the internal system that factory settings locks away. That means having more control and ability to perform custom operations.
If you don’t want to stay with the stock ROM that’s given to you, you can try installing a custom ROM. However, those ROMs are only available with a custom recovery installed. In addition to ROMs, there are many other apps available to use form Google Play. However, you cannot use them without root access. Once you have finished the guide after the drop, there are no apps out of reach for you.
The Files You Need
- Download the SuperSU package by Chainfire to the desktop of your Windows PC. It’s the package that’s going to ensure you get the root access you need.
- You must have unlocked the bootloader on the Yu Yureka Plus before starting this guide.
- You must have installed TWRP Recovery on your Yu Yureka Plus before starting this guide.
Rooting the Yu Yureka Plus
- Connect the Yureka Plus to the computer where you downloaded the SuperSU.
- Transfer the SuperSU file to the internal storage SD card.
- Completely power down your Yureka Plus, if it’s currently on.
- Reboot the Yu Yureka Plus to the custom recovery mode; that’s Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
- Now that you are in the custom recovery mode, you can see the “Install’ option from the main TWRP menu.
- Click install and upload the SuperSU package you should have on the internal SD card.
- Confirm you want to install the SuperSu file and wait until it’s done.
- Now you can head back to the main TWRP recovery menu and choose to reboot the system.
- It’s time to regain control of your Google account once the system reboots.
Now that you have successfully rooted your Yu Yureka Plus smartphone, it’s time to check out what custom ROMs are available. Even if you don’t find many ROMs, you can still use all those wonderful root-requiring apps that are available from the Google Play Store.
Save yourself some time and check that you do indeed have the root access by downloading any version of the root checker app from the Google Play Store.