Rooting the Asus Zenfone 2 results in more apps working with your device. The WiFi Protector is one of those apps you can install after rooting the device. As the name suggests, the app is great at protection your WiFi. While WiFi protection isn’t usually something we think about, this app can stop people from tapping into your WiFi and literally using your WiFi. It’s a powerful app that require access to the root file system to work, which is why you never hear Google or Android talking about it. However, you can be sure that many Google developers probably use this themselves.
Files You Need
- Download the universal ADB Drivers on your computer.
- Download the Fastboot file you need.
- Download the pre-rooted image from this page.
Rooting the Zenfone 2
- Make sure you have the USB Debugging Mode on your Asus Zenfone 2 device turned on by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Extract the Fastboot and pre-rooted image files on your desktop by right-click over the files and selecting the ‘extract here’ option.
- Connect the Zenfone 2 smartphone to the computer using the USB cable.
- From the desktop, hold the Shift key down and right-click the mouse to find a new menu where you can select the “open a new command window here” option.
- With the command window open, type the command; adb reboot-bootloader
- Wait for the Zenfone 2 to reboot in bootloader mode.
- Rename the pre-rooted image “system image” by right-clicking over the file and selecting the option to rename the file.
- Type your next command into the command line: fastboot flash system system.img
- Once it is done flashing, type your last command: fastboot reboot
- The final command will reboot your Zenzone 2 back into the normal mode where you can start using your device.
- Once your Zenfone reboots, check it has the SuperSU app from the app drawer. If it does not have the SuperSU app, install the SuperSU by Chainfire from the Google Play Store.
You can check the guide worked for your device by installing the root checker application also available from Google Play.