These are the steps to root the ZTE Axon Mini smartphone using the universal one-click rooting tool, KingRoot.
The KingRoot tool is being updated almost every month by the official developers to include more devices from the list. If you find your device is not compatible at the moment, that doesn’t mean it won’t be in a few weeks. The guys out of China working on the KingRoot tool are known to have many roots available for the ZTE range, and we expect things to be no different with the Axon Mini handset.
The only thing with KingRoot is that it is referred to as being more of a soft root. As long as you unlock your bootloader, you can install a custom recovery on the Axon Mini device still. With that being said, if you want a more official way to root the device not using a one-click root solution, you should check back in future for an updated method.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot one-click rooting solution for your Axon device from this page.
- Those of you who do not find any success with the application can try out the desktop version of the app available from the official KingRoot website.
- As we mentioned above, these are the steps to root the ZTE Axon Mini smartphone without a PC. However, we are showing you how to move the file from a PC during the guide because it’s the safest method to transfer a file. Those of you who do not have a PC can just install the APK file directly on the device.
Rooting the ZTE Axon Mini
- Turn on your Axon’s Unknown Sources by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Download the KingRoot APK file from the link above and place it on the desktop of your computer. Those who would prefer installing it direct from the smartphone web browser can read how to install an APK file without a PC.
- Connect the Axon Mini smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the KingRoot APKfile over to the internal SD card storage. make sure it’s on the root of the Axon’s SD card so you can find it later.
- Unplug your device from the computer once you know it’s on the Axon’s SD card.
- Launch a File Manager and install the universal one-click rooting app on your ZTE device.
- Open the KingRoot app from the Axon Mini’s app drawer.
- Tap the large ‘Get Root’ button you can see from the main page of the application.
- Now just wait until it tells you the rooting was successful; you can also see a progress bar on the display. Wait until it reaches 100% before doing anything.
- Exit the KingRoot application and reboot the ZTE Axon Mini device.
Open the Google Play Store app and download the basic root checker app to check if your device is rooted as intended. Open the root checker app from your Axon’s app drawer and agree to update the binaries or allow Superuser access if requested.