Growing tired of losing pictures on your ZTE Nubia X6 device? You can now install the DiskDigger application on your ZTE device after getting root access. The DiskDigger app will dig deep into your internal system and retrieve any data you have accidentally deleted — like those important pictures of your girlfriend you wish you had back. The DiskDigger app doesn’t work for all data out there, so you won’t be the next FBI agent with this app. However, it will dig all of your old pictures up for you.
Files You Need
- Download the Towelroot application from the official website available here: http://towelroot.com.
- The following guide roots the ZTE Nubia X6 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat. You will need to downgrade back to Android 4.4.2 KitKat if you are running a newer version of Android OS on your device. You can check your software version by navigating to the Menu > Settings > About Device.
- You are voiding the warranty on your ZTE Nubia Z6 device by following this guide. However, you can flash a stock ROM back on the X6 device and get the warranty working again. Flashing a stock ROM on the X6 should unroot the device.
Rooting the ZTE Nubia X6 running Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Make sure you have the Unknown Sources option enabled on your X6 device by pointing to the Menu > Settings > Security > Unknown Sources.
- Open the Google Chrome application on your Nubia and enter the Towelroot URL you can see from the files section above.
- Tap the red Lambda icon that is on the front page of the official Towelroot website.
- Wait as the Lambda now downloads the Towelroot one-click rooting tool to your device.
- Tap the ‘Install’ option and wait until you get the “app installed” message in green letters on the top of the screen.
- Tap the ‘Open’ button and the app will now open on your device.
- Now you need to tap the “Make it Ra1n” button.
- Wait until you eventually get the “you should have root, no reboot required” message.
- The ZTE Nubia X6 is now official rooted. Open your Google Play Store application and download the SuperSU app by Chainfire.
- Follow the prompts to install the SuperSU app on your X6 device. make sure you agree to update the SU binary if it asks and allow access to the superuser.
- Finish by installing the root checker app on your device. That’s the app that will tell you if the guide worked for you or not.