The ZTE Sonata 4G might not be a popular device out there, but it’s definitely a device worth having if you want to try out various custom ROMs and custom kernels as the device does have a root method. Yes, you can now gain root-access on your device and get all of those amazing custom developments working on it.
Here’re the steps you need to follow to root your device:
Files You Need
1. Download the famous Kingo Root app on your computer. It’s one of the free rooting tools available for Android devices.
Rooting the ZTE Sonata 4G
1. The first step is to install the Kingo app on your Windows based PC. Simply double-click on the setup file and then follow the on-screen instructions and the tool will install.
2. When the tool is installed on your computer, double-click on its shortcut icon located on your desktop and it will launch. You can also launch it from the Start Menu if you have a shortcut icon there.
3. In order for Kingo to perform operations on your device, you need to have USB debugging enabled on your device. To enable it, go to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your device and turn on the USB debugging option.
4. Use a USB cable to connect your device to your PC.
5. On the main screen of the tool, you should see a button saying Root. Click on it and it will start the procedure to root your device.
6. The tool usually finishes the procedure within a few seconds, however, it can take even a couple of minutes in some cases.
7. When the tool has done everything it’s supposed to, it should tell you that Root Succeed.
8. Reboot your ZTE Sonata 4G and you should be able to see the SuperSU app in your app drawer. You’re now rooted.
Welcome to the rooters community! Your ZTE Sonata 4G is now rooted and you can just run the Root Checker app to verify the same.
Here begins your journey to trying out various ROMs and Mods on your device! Good luck with that!