We all know that one of the best reasons to root the ZTE V967S smartphone is to be able to take a complete backup of the data using the NANDroid backup feature that comes with a custom recovery. As long as you have rooted the device and installed a custom recovery, you can then go on to install the NANDroid Manager application. The NANDroid Manager app is amazing and allows you to restore over 20 specific parts of your backup you took. For example, if you just wanted to restore your call logs and nothing else, you can get that done with the NANDroid Manager app.
The NANDroid Manager application is just one example of an app you might want to check out after you root the ZTE device using the guide below.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting package you need from this page.
- Download the universal ADB driver from this page. The universal ADB Driver is made by the same founder of ClockworkMod and he has put together drivers that work on all devices. However, if that ADB Driver doesn’t work for your device, try installing the official ZTE Drivers for mobile phones that should be available from the official ZTE website.
- You are voluntarily voiding the warranty by following this guide. You can unroot the device any time you need by finding the stock ROM or removing the root files manually. Unless you are an advanced Android user, we recommend finding the stock ROM to flash instead.
Rooting the ZTE V967S
- Download the rooting file directly to the computer you are using and extract the file.
- You need to right-click the mouse on the file once it’s on the desktop and choose the “extract here” option from the menu.
- Make sure the USB Debugging Mode is working on your ZTE smartphone by navigating to the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Connect the ZTE V967S device to the computer with the USB cable.
- From the extracted MT6589-Root.zip folder, find the run.bat file.
- That run.bat file is the program that is going to now take over and root your device.
- Wait until the rooting is complete before unplugging from the computer and rebooting your device.
- Once you reboot the ZTE V967S smartphone, you can go directly to the Google Play Store and start installing your root-requiring applications.
Many people prefer starting with the root checker app so they know if the guide worked or not.