Owners of the Chinese VKWorld VK700 Pro device can now root and install a custom recovery on the device. Root access means you now have full Android access with the operating system unlocked. That’s most useful for installing apps, but it does come with additional benefits depending on your device. The same guide installs CWM recovery on your device, so you can boot your device into that custom recovery and start flashing new custom ROMs or taking NANDroid backups.
Files You Need
- Download the SP Flash Tool directly to your computer.
- Download your official VK700 stock ROM from this page.
- Download your Android rooting exploit and custom recovery in the one bundle from this page.
- You are voiding the VKWorld VK700 Pro warranty by following this guide. You should flash the stock ROM back on the device and it will unroot it so you can send it away under warranty again.
- We are not responsible for any damage to your VK700 device if something goes wrong during this guide.
Rooting the VKWorld VK700 Pro
- Unrar both of the files from the files section above on your computer.
- Back up the ebr1, ebr2, recovery.img and checksum.ini files.
- Copy the ebr1, ebr2 and recovery.img files and paste them into the same folder as your official stock ROM.
- Rename the checksum.ini from your stock ROM folder by right-clicking over the file and choosing the rename option. Change the name to cheksum_old.ini.
- Open the SP Flash Tool and upload the scatter file you will find in the same folder as your stock ROM.
- Click the Download button and wait for that file to flash on your device.
- Once you are done, down load the Kingro Root tool and root your device with that software.
- The above method is confirmed as working by a VKWorld VK700 owners who made a new thread over at XDA Developers. You can install the root checker application on your device if you want to confirm your device is now rooted.