As long as you are not a noob, and you are an experienced Android user, you should always give yourself the administrator permissions over the Android operating system when you have the chance. We can tell you that every Walton Primo HM Mini device owner does have that chance, and you can even install a custom recovery on your device too.
There are some people out there whom I have lots of respect for who have little interest in installing a custom recovery. There are a few reasons that they will not install a custom recovery. With that said, I love a custom recovery on my device, and they are required if you ever want to install a custom ROM or custom kernel.
With or without a custom recovery, the Walton Prime is great to root for the root applications you can install alone. The apps can let you do just about anything to run servers from your mobile device and look after your websites on the go to giving better backing up solution like you get with the Titanium Backup application.
Files You Need
- Download the KingRoot universal one-click Android rooting tool from here.
Rooting the Walton Primo HM Mini smartphone
- Install the KingRoot APK file on your device just like you would for any other APK file.
- Open the KingRoot application from your app drawer once installed.
- Tap on the large button from the KingRoot main page that suggests it will root your device.
- Wait for a few minutes for the progress bar to reach 100% on the display and then give you the success message.
- Close the KingRoot application and then reboot your Walton smartphone.
- Open the Google Play Store and download the Mobile Uncle Tools app and install it on your device.
- Open the Mobile Uncle application from your app drawer and find your device.
- Follow the instructions to installing your custom recovery and then close the Mobile Uncle Tools application before rebooting your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Walton Primo HD Mini smartphone using the universal one click rooting application we know as KingRoot. Note that KingRoot does not require an unlocked bootloader but a custom recovery and a custom ROM will need the bootloader to be unlocked before those features become available. Do not try installing a custom recovery or a custom ROM on your Walton smartphone without the bootloader unlocked or else you risk bricking the device.