If you want to install additional apps like the Icon Themer app on your Wiko Cink Peax 2 device, you’ll first need to get root access to the internal file system. The Icon Themer app works by letting you pick your favorite custom icons and launching them in your very own Launcher for the device.
The Icon Themer app is one of the most powerful apps for rooted users and it’s all yours after you complete the steps below to root the Wiko Cink Peax 2 smartphone.
Files You Need
- Download the rooting exploit you need from this page.
- Download the universal ADB Drivers from this page.
- You do void the Wiko warranty when you complete this guide. That Wiko warranty does not start working again until you unroot the Peax 2 by flashing a stock ROM on the device.
- You must follow this guide on a Windows computer. It does not load on a Linux or Mac machine.
Rooting the Wiko Cink Peax 2
- Make sure you have the Developer Options unlocked on the Peax smartphone: Settings > About Device > tap the build number 7 times or until it says you are a developer.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode from the Developer Options: Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Download the rooting exploit from the files section above to your Windows computer.
- Transfer the rooting exploit from the default folder over to the desktop.
- Right-click on the file and select the “extract here” option.
- After you extract the file, you will see a new Rub.bat file.
- Right-click over the Run.bat file and select the option to Run As Administrator.
- Double-click your computer mouse over that same file and follow the on-screen instructions to finish up.
- Reboot the Wiko device after you finish the rooting and head over to the Google Play Store.
- Install the SuperSU app if it is not available from your device’s application drawer.
Once you all have SuperSU, install the root checker app to check that your device is rooted.