Xiaomi keep releasing its budget smartphones in India exclusively on E-commerce websites. You can buy one only by beating other buyer in the race of this 5 or 10 minute sale. If you managed to buy one of them, then I bet you are having fun with this phone and to double the fun I have this very guide for you to root your phone, after rooting you can have much fun than now with your phone. So get ready to root your phone and follow the guide carefully and don’t mess this things up.
You need something to root your phone so get these things and get back fast. You need a Windows-based PC with internet connection and antivirus disabled during this rooting process, a USB cable and your phone with USB debugging enabled, do that by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on the build number 7 times, again come back to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging from here.
Once you gain root access on the Mi 4i you can easily flash a custom recovery such as TWRP recovery or maybe even CWM recovery depending on what’s available. Furthermore, you can hit up the Google Play app Store and find heaps of cool applications that wouldn’t run otherwise. You can find a whole list of things after gaining root access on Android by reading what things to do with a rooted Android. Some people prefer to install the Xposed Framework now as an alternative. As long as you are gaining root access on Android Lollipop, you can learn the list of Xposed Lollipop usable modules. Some of you might only know it as Xposed Alpha, which is how it started.
Precautions: do not ignore these things mentioned here cause ignoring these may brick down your phone.
- Backup all of your important data to any safe place so it will not get damaged in any circumstances.
- Backup all of your media files like photos, videos or music to your PC or any other external drive.
- Sync all of your important contacts to your Google account or export them to your SD card to keep them safe from any damage.
- Make sure that your phone should have enough battery to complete the process without getting off because it may brick your phone.
- This Root process is only for Xiaomi Mi4i so do not try it on any other phone or you might lose your phone.
The best way to root Xiaomi Mi 4i using a Toolkit
- First you have to download and install Xiaomi USB drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone (as i told you before).
- Download and extract Xiaomi toolkit on your PC where you can find it.
- Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Now open the extracted Xiaomi toolkit folder and run rec.bat.
- A command window will open and you will see a root option on it.
- Now type numeric 1 on the command window and hit enter.
- Your phone will get rooted automatically and you can check the SuperSU app in app drawer.
your phone will get rooted automatically and now you can run all those apps needs root. Also you can check root access by installing root checker apps.