Rooting your Android phone is like taking your phone from out of jail and now it can do some extraordinary job. You can root your ZTE ZMax Z970 also using this easy guide. Go ahead and make a move to make your Android smart phone even smarter.
The ZTE ZMax has been one tough nut to crack open and get access to the system internals. We believe that has led to a drop in sales and from there is was discontinued by the major smartphone carrier network. The new Kingroot application claims to gain root access on every Android device if you install it properly. We’ve also seen evidence from XDA Developers that this method does work for you.
You need to back up your phone’s data before rooting your phone to keep it safe from any damage. Sync your contacts to your Google account so it will stay safe there, you can also export your contacts to your SD card. There are heaps of cool apps from Google Play that will backup your data for you without any worries. You can try Helium for Android before you have the root access and Titanium backup after you finish gaining root access.
You need a Windows-based PC for this process and make sure you have a reliable internet connection on it. You can also use a Microsoft Surface tablet or laptop. They are all still PCs.
A USB cable, make sure it’s not damaged. You can use the usual USB cable that comes out of the box with the ZTE ZMax.
Your phone with USB debugging enabled, go to Settings > About Phone > tap on the build number seven times now come back to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging from here.
Make sure that your phone has model number as Z970, do not try to root any other Android variant using this guide or it might get bricked.
Charge your phone to at least 50% so it won’t get off during the root process cause it may damage your phone. You want to avoid soft bricks by having the ZTE smartphone turn off before the flashing is complete.
Steps to root ZTE ZMax Z970 using KingRoot
- First you need to go to this page and download KingRoot APK and save it anywhere on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC as mass storage using USB cable so you can access your phone’s SD card.
- After that, move the downloaded King Root APK to your phones SD card.
- Unplug your phone from the PC and install that app on your phone, if you don’t know how to install APK on your phone then you should go here for that.
- After installing that app go to app drawer and open King Root app.
- You will see a Start Root button at the bottom of the screen. Just hit that button.
- Wait for some time and you will see a confirmation message “your phone has been rooted”.
- After that reboot your phone to take effect and after booting you will see a SuperSU app.
Congrats! Your phone has root and you are ready to install root-only application from Google Play. Now you can run all the apps those needs root and you can install any custom recovery on it. If you want to check root access on your phone then you should install any root checker app from here.