One of the things that I’ve been noticing recently on my iPhone 6 was that it kept notifying me about the same thing, a text message, for example, twice or thrice times. I found it to be a bit annoying as I thought I’d got a new message when the screen on my iPhone turned on but the only thing I could see was the same message that I’ve already read the notification for.
After quite a bit of struggling around settings and contacting Apple care, I came to a solution that seems to have fixed the issue. If you’re having the same issue on your iPhone, here’s how you can fix it:
1. Tap on Settings on your Springboard and it will launch the settings menu on your device.
2. Once in Settings, tap on Notifications. It should be under the second panel.
3. Tap on Messages under the Include header.
4. Scroll all the way down and you should see an option in the bottom that says Repeat Alerts. Tap on it. It lets you change settings for repeat notification alerts on your device.
5. You now have several options to choose from. The option that fixed the issue for me was Never. So tap on it and it will be selected.
6. Head back to the main screen on your iPhone.
7. And you’re all set.
From now on, your iPhone won’t alert you for a notification more than one time. You’ll only be notified once and that’s it. Cheers!