The Android operating systems on the ASUS ZenFone Zoom comes with a few different modes apart from the normal mode. the first mode is the bootloader mode that is also known as the fastboot mode. Another mode is the recovery mode where you would boot your device if you had a problem, wanted to wipe the cache partition or wanted to apply an update. these modes are accessed by using a special hardware key combination. taking a screenshot on the ASUS ZenFone Zoom also uses a special hardware key combination that is similar.
The idea behind using a hardware button method is so that you won’t ever accidentally press the buttons. usually the more at risk the hardware the combination. For example, if you were to access the recovery mode on the ASUS smartphone, you could wipe the data. that’s a huge deal and therefore accessing the recovery mode combination is quite challenging. Taking a screenshot of your pocket is not a huge deal and therefore the combination is much easier to do. That’s also great because we want to take screenshots on the ASUS ZenFone Zoom device a great deal so it comes with the added dose of practicality.
Any device running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich software or up can take a screenshot using a button combination thanks to the new built-in feature. However, that’s of little use if you are running an operating system older. The guide below shows you the button combination if you are running Android 4.0 or newer, or apps if you don’t have the luxury of a button combination.
Taking screenshots on the ASUS Zenfone Zoom
Using the Screen Capture app from the Google Play Store:
- Most people who are looking up how to take screenshots on Zenfone Zoom’s are doing so because they do not like using the keys on the device. For all you people, we are teaching you a great app to take your screenshots.
- Turn on your device and tap the Google Play Store.
- Log in to your Google Play Store account.
- Search for the “Screen Capture” application and install the same.
- Open it from your devices app drawer after it finishes downloading just like you would any other app.
Using the hardware keys:
- The hardware keys on your ASUS Zenfone Zoom are the normal buttons you can use daily like the Power and Volume buttons. As long as you are running Android 4.0 and above, you can use this method.
- Turn on your device and navigate over to the Menu > Settings > About Device > check the software version. Here is where you need to observe yours says anything above Android 4.0 numbers.
- Now go back and open the picture you want to capture so it’s on your display.
- Press the Volume Down and Power buttons together until you can hear the shutter sound mimicking a camera taking a picture.
- Find your newly taken screenshot available from the Gallery app under its own screenshots folder.