Taking a screenshot on the LG G5 smartphone is a task you might choose to do daily since you know how. There are generally two ways one can take a snapshot on the LG G5 device. The first and most common method is to use the hardware keys. The secondary method is to install apps from the Google Play Store to help you along the way. Apps are not favorable for a few reasons. the first reasons is they are not always free apps and you don’t want to be paying for an app when you can do the same job by pressing a key combination on your device. Another reason is you don’t want to bloat your device with an excessive amount of apps which take away your device memory. The less free memory you have on the device the less performance your device gives out back to you.
Taking a screenshot on the LG G5 smartphone
Using the buttons on your device:
- Turn on your device and have the image you want captured on your display.
- Press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Wait until you can hear the sound of a camera shutter mimicking your picture.
- Find your newly taken screenshot picture in your Gallery app with your other photos.
Using the Screen Capture app from the Google Play Store:
- Turn on your device and tap the Google Play Store app — so this on the smartphone and not from computer.
- Browse for the “Screen Capture” app.
- Confirm you want to install that app.
- The screen capture app will take your screenshots with ease and capture what’s on your display perfectly.
The general rule of thumb is to use the hardware buttons during the first method on your device because it’s quicker and you don’t use up unnecessary memory space by adding another app on your G5 device. However, the apps can offer additional features which enhance your screenshots and therefore might be the better option for you. There are apps out there which can record the screen as well if you want to record the screen and not just take a picture.