So, you have been part of the android cult and you decide to ditch it for an iPhone. Probably the most daunting task is the transference of those long list contacts to the other device. You can’t just copy each contact from one device to another manually; it’s pathetic! There are a number of ways to get this job done quite easily.
There are many ways people can transfer the data from one platform to the next. We are giving you are collection of different ways with different smartphone ideas. You can choose from navigating through options available from the Settings, or as a last resort you can even download and install applications to help you instead. Just remember that apps should be a last option because the more apps you have on the device the slower it runs. Furthermore, you are using up more memory which means you have less space.
With Help From The Google Account
It’s a well known fact that an Android device is nothing without a Google account. It is mandatory for you to use it. Apart from all the convenience, Google account also offers you to save and transfer your personal data like Contacts, Calendars and Tasks.
- First go to Settings on your Android device and tap Account & Sync. Add your Google account details and enable synchronization.
- Now go to the Settings options of your iPhone and add your Google account there. Enable the contacts from your Google account. Your iPhone will now sync all your contacts from your Google account.
Entering Your Account Details Again
If the above mentioned method fails to eradicate your problem than follow the following instructions:
- Synchronize your contacts to your Google account as previously mentioned
- Go to Settings option of your iPhone then to Mails, Contacts, Calendars. Tap on “Add Account” and then on “Other”. Click on the “Add CardDAV account option. Now fill up the required information as shown below.
- Username: Enter your Gmail address
- Password: Enter your Gmail password
- Description: From the list, select “Personal Account”
After you have filled out the required information, click “Next”. After the process is complete, go to your contacts app in your iPhone. Your device will start syncing the contacts
Using A SIM Card
This method only works when your Android device SIM card can fit into your iPhone.
- For this process, you need to copy all the contacts to your SIM card
- Now, insert the SIM card into your iPhone’s dedicated slot
- To import the contacts, go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, calendars > Import SIM contacts
With The Help From Apps
Those of you preferring to transfer easily suing an application can try downloading the Contacts transfer Backup Sync app from Google Play. It’s a cross platform tool which means you can easily do the same. Just check out the comments for potential problems before committing to use.