In today’s market, Samsung has many smartphones available including the popular Galaxy S3 which is their leading smartphone today. Many people today are still hesitant to root their devices and open them up top greater things. Rooting a device is not illegal so the main problem people worry about is something going wrong during the process. Now though, if something does go wrong, even the worst case scenario of bricking your device, you can actually unbrick them. If you have a Samsung phone and have attempted to root the device, but failed to do so successfully you may have done what is known as “bricking” your device. Thankfully, thanks to a developer there is now a way to unbrick all Samsung phones by using this one clever tool called One Click Unbrick.
The Files You Need
- You will need to install Java onto your computers if you don’t have it already. Most already do have, but just check to make sure. To check head over to the Java site.
- The procedure can be done on both Windows and Mac. However if you are using Windows you will need to download the following 7 zip extractor.
- Download the one click unbrick firmware and save it to your desktop.
Unbricking the Samsung with the One-Click Unbrick tool
- Right click on the OneClick.jar file you saved to the desktop and hover the cursor over 7zip. Another menu will now pop out. From the new menu select “Extract to one click”.
- This will create a One Click folder.
- Copy and paste the One Click.jar into the ’OneClickheimdalloneclickresourcesHeimdallPackage’ folder.
- Inside the folder is a ‘oneclickloader.exe’ file. Right click on it and select “Run As Administrator”.
- Now install Heimdall as the option will suggest.
- This will now install your One Click unbrick. After installation is complete the One Click unbrick interface will open.
- With the USB cable that came with your Samsung device, connect it to the computer. At the bottom of the One Click unbrick interface is a “unsoft brick” button. Click this button to begin unbricking your Samsung device. This is all you need to do to recover the bricked Samsung phone.