Rooting the Huawei Honor 4C is how to get the root-requiring apps to work on your device. You cannot get root access on this device until you unlock the bootloader first. The following guide teaches you everything you need to unlock the Huawei Honor 4C bootloader so you can do exactly that.
The Files You Need
- Download the rooting file you need to get the job done from this page.
- Download the ADB Driver from its official source. Koush, the founder of ClockworkMod recovery, is the same guy who has put that driver package together. As you can see on its page, it’s only available for Windows operating systems.
Unlocking The Huawei Honor 4C Bootloader
- You must start by unlocking the bootloader. Send the following email to this email address: [email protected]. You can find the text to insert in the email below.
- This is a request for an unlock code to unlock the bootloader on my Huawei Honor 4C.
Product: Huawei CHM-U01
Product Number: XXX
- Dial *#*#1357946#*#* to find the product number revealed on your display.
- Wait for a few days to a week and you will get an email back with an unlock code.
- Once you have the code, launch the command prompt line from the desktop by right-clicking and holding the Shift key at the same time on the desktop. You should get a new menu that lets you choose the option ‘open command window here’.
- Type the first command: ‘adb reboot bootloader’.
- Press Enter on the keyboard to confirm that command.
- Type the second command: ‘fastboot oem unlock CODE’.
- Replace where it says CODE with the real code that you in the email from Huawei.
- Press Enter again and this time your bootloader will get unlocked.
- Type the last command: ‘fastboot reboot’.
- Press Enter once again and now your device will reboot to the normal mode.
The Huawei Honor 4C bootloader is now officially unlocked. You can choose to install a custom recovery or get root access next. Understand that you must unlock the bootloader before installing a custom recovery or get root access.