These are the instructions to unlock the bootloader on the Huawei Honor 5X smartphone so you can begin with your customizing experience. Once the bootloader is unlocked, you can start checking out the guides for installing a custom recovery and rooting the Huawei Honor 5X smartphone.
Here is what you need to do:
Files You Need
- You must set up and install ADB on your computer. You can do that for all major operating systems using the unique guides. Here is ADB for Windows, ADB for Mac and ADB for Linux.
- Unlocking the bootloader does void the warranty of most smartphone OEMs. You can get in contact with Huawei and see if they are willing to cover you with a rooted Android device. You can always re-lock the bootloader later on down the track and the warranty will start working again.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Huawei Honor 5X
- Make your own unique Huawei ID from this page.
- Log in to your account and fill out the necessary details from this page.
- Dial the following number on your smartphone to get your product identification code: * # * # 1357946 # * # *
- Unlock the hidden Developer Options menu on your Honor handset by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > Build Number at least seven times. It will say you are using the Honor device as a developer.
- Now enter the Developer Options menu and enable the USB Debugging Mode by tapping on the Menu > Settings > About Device > USB Debugging Mode.
- Stay within the Developer Options menu on your Huawei Honor 5X smartphone and enable the OEM Unlock option. otherwise you can find it by tapping on the Menu > Settings > Developer Options > OEM Unlock.
- Open the folder where you have ADB and leave it open the on the desktop.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 5X device to the computer with the USB cable.
- From within your ADB folder, right-click and hold down the Shift key to find a new menu popping out on the display.
- Choose to open a new command window here from that new menu.
- Type your first command:
adb reboot bootloader
- The Honor 5X smartphone will now boot into the bootloader mode.
- Type your next command after reading the step below first:
fastboot oem unlock 728930304
- Change the number with the real numbers you are given as your unlock code.
You are ready to learn how to install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 5X smartphone so you can start taking your complete backups of the data for the first time without having to use adb commands.