Moto X Style/ Pure edition is a Nexus 6 looking smartphone with high-end specs. This phone has 5.7-inch FHD display. This beast has a 1.8 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 808 processor with three gigs of RAM, has a 21 MP of the camera and all this hardware is powered by a 3000 mAh battery. This phone comes with Android 5.0 Lollipop can be upgradable to the latest Android OS.
If you are not satisfied with the stock features of the OS, then you can easily install some custom ROM on your phone to extend the features of this smartphone to an extent. Lots of custom ROM makers are waiting for making some custom ROM for this phone. For installing one of these custom ROMs on your phone, you have to do some preparations with your phone and that includes unlocking the bootloader of the phone and here you perfect guide about unlocking the bootloader of the phone.
Follow the guide below and make sure to know that after unlocking the boot loader there I no way to relock it back (till now) and your phone’s warranty will also get void after this.
How to unlock Moto X Style Bootloader
- Download and Install Motorola USB drivers on your PC.
- Download adb installer and install it on your PC.
- Power off the device completely by pressing and holding the power key and select power off from the power menu.
- Power it on back by pressing and holding Volume own and power button for 5 seconds.
- connect your phone to your PC and navigate to the folder where the adb has been installed.
- Now right click on space inside the folder while holding the “Shift” key, select “open command window here.”
- Now type “fastboot oem get_unlock_data” in the command window and hit enter.
- Copy the code from the command window and paste it down to a notepad file.
- Go to Motorola account page, sign up using a Google account and paste the code copied from the command window to the 6th step and press “can my device be unlocked?”.
- Agree on the license agreement and click on “request unlock key” and the unlock key will be mailed to you.
- Once you got the mail with the key get back to the command window and type “fastboot oem unlock YOURKEY” (replace YOURKEY with the unlock key sent to you) in the command window and hot return key.
- After all this, your phone will get unlocked, and now you can flash any custom recovery or ROM when it is available for you.
- If you have any problem unlocking your phone, then you can tell us using the comment section below.
In conclusion, that is everything that is involved with unlocking the bootloader on the Motorola Moto X Pure Edition smartphone so you can then go on to installing a custom recovery image. A custom recovery image like Team Win’s TWRP Recovery is commonly used for flashing custom ROMs and getting root access by flashing Chainfire’s SuperSU.