In order to root your LG G Watch R, you must have a custom recovery on your watch. And in order to install a custom recovery on your watch, the bootloader on your watch needs to be unlocked. So, the first step is to unlock the bootloader on your watch and only then you can do any customizations you want.
So for you folks, here’s how to unlock the bootloader on the LG G Watch R:
Files You Need
- You must have a computer that runs Windows in order to do this tutorial.
- You should have ADB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- Download ADB to your computer. It should help you execute commands on your watch.
- This tutorial should erase the data stored on your watch.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the LG G Watch R
- Extract files from ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Head to About on your watch and tap on Build number for 7 times and it should unlock the ADB mode for you.
- Plug in your watch to your computer using a cable.
- Tap on Always allow when prompted on your watch.
- Launch a Command Prompt Window in the folder where ADB files are located. To do that, hold down Shift on your keyboard and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command into the CMD window and press Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Your watch should reboot into bootloader mode.
- While your watch is in bootloader mode, issue the following command using the CMD window:
fastboot oem unlock
- Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the bootloader on your LG G Watch R.
- When it’s done unlocking the bootloader, reboot your watch.
- You’re all set!
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader on your LG G Watch R, and you can now follow our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G Watch R tutorial to flash a custom recovery on your watch which will then allow you to gain root-access on your watch. So go ahead and get it all done, guys!