Unlocking the bootloader is the first step towards customizing your Oppo N3. Once unlocked, you will be able to install a custom recovery on your device, and that recovery will then let you gain root-access on your device.
If that sounds cool to you, here’s how you can unlock your bootloader:
Files You Need
1. You must have a Windows based computer in order to do this tutorial.
2. Download and install ADB USB drivers on your computer, if you don’t already have them.
3. Download Minimal ADB to your computer. It’ll be used to issue commands to your device.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Oppo N3
1. First of all, uncompress files from Minimal ADB to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
2. Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your device and turn on USB debugging. It’ll allow your device to be able to interact with your computer.
3. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Open a Command Prompt Window where ADB files are located. To do that, hold down Shift and right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
5. Type in the following command into the Command Prompt Window:
adb reboot bootloader
6. Your phone should reboot into bootloader mode.
7. Now type in the following command into CMD window and press Enter:
fastboot oem unlock
8. Follow the on-screen instructions to unlock the bootloader on your device.
9. When it’s done unlocking the bootloader, reboot your device using the following command:
10. You’re done!
The bootloader on your Oppo N3 is now unlocked. You can now go ahead and flash a custom recovery on your device to be able to gain root-access.