Before you can even touch the system files on your device, you must have your bootloader unlocked. Just like any other smartphone, the bootloader on the Yu Yureka comes locked by default. And that means you need to go through a procedure to unlock the bootloader before you can install a custom recovery or even root your device.
Unlocking the bootloader isn’t a difficult task at all. It’s much easier than you think, and our guide below should help you do that. So follow it and get your bootloader unlocked on your device:
Files You Need
1. Download the Minimal ADB setup to your computer. It’ll be used to issue commands to your device.
2. This may erase all the data on your device. So make sure you’ve taken a backup of your important files before you do the following procedure.
3. Once your bootloader is unlocked, you’ll then be able to flash a custom recovery on your device which will then help you gain root-access.
Unlocking the Bootloader on the Yu Yureka
1. First off, uncompress files from the Minimal ADB setup to a folder on your computer. To do that, right-click on the archive and select Extract here. It’ll extract all the archive files to your computer.
2. Turn ON the USB debugging option on your phone by going to Menu->Settings->Developer options. You must enable this option to issue commands to your device.
3. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
4. Launch a Command Prompt Window where you extracted the Minimal ADB files. To open a window, hold down the Shift button on your keyboard and then right-click anywhere on your screen and select Open command window here.
5. In the command window that opens, type in following command and press Enter. It will reboot your device into bootloader mode from where you can unlock the bootloader.
adb reboot bootloader
6. On your phone, select fastboot using the physical buttons and your device should boot into fastboot mode.
7. Run the following command using the Command Prompt Window and it’ll unlock the bootloader on your device.
fastboot oem unlock
8. When it’s done, reboot your device.
9. You’re done.
The bootloader on your Yu Yureka is now unlocked and you’re now allowed to flash a custom recovery on it.
Follow our guide on how to flash a custom recovery on the Yu Yureka to get started with customizing your device.