Rooting definitely isn’t for everyone, even with the great options and customization it provides. If you’re reading this guide then you may have read our article on rooting the Zenfone 5 and have now decided that the rooted path is not for you. On the other hand, perhaps you need to restore your phone to its stock state to reinstate your warranty. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that and this guide will walk you through the process of unrooting your Asus Zenfone 5.
Before you begin, make sure you have a PC, a fully charged Zenfone 5, and a USB cable to connect your Zenfone to a PC.
Unrooting the Asus Zenfone 5
1. Download this APK: Unroot APK
1. Connect your Zenfone 5 to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Copy the Root APK from your PC to the root of your SD Card.
3. Once the APK is copied, disconnect your device from your PC.
4. Open up the menu then go to Settings > Security on your device and enable the Unknown sources option.
5. Open File Manager and select the APK you just copied to your device
6. The app will install and once it does, check your app drawer and open the Unroot app.
7. Select the Unroot button in the app.
8. The app will unroot your device.
You might already know about the root checker app from Google Play that people use to show if they got the root access after following the guide. Well, you can use the same app to check if the unrooting guide worked for you too.