If software related issues frequently happen on your Elephone P6000 Pro, then you should probably try flashing back the stock ROM on the phone and see if that solves the issues for you.
More often than not, when you root your phone and customize it beyond a point, you end-up modifying many system files that eventually cause issues and not let you use your phone smoothly. When such things happen, the best solution that you can try is flash back the stock ROM on the phone. What it does is remove all the customizations from the phone and flash an entire pure version of the OS on the phone which has no customizations and is pure factory firmware.
If you are in such situation, here’s how you can unroot and get your Elephone P6000 Pro back to the stock:
Files You Need
- You should have rooted your phone using our how to root the Elephone P6000 Pro tutorial.
- This only works on the computers that run Windows as their base OS.
- You should have Flash Tool drivers installed on your Windows computer. Install them if they are not already.
- This should wipe off the data stored on your phone. So please backup anything that you will need later on.
- Download SP Flash Tool to your computer. You will use it to flash the stock ROM on your phone.
- Download Stock ROM to your computer. It is the whole operating system for your phone.
- This should get your phone back to the stock ROM.
Unrooting the Elephone P6000 Pro
- Unzip files from both SP Flash Tool and Stock ROM over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here. It should make the files available for your use.
- Double-click on the SP Flash Tool executable and it will launch.
- When the tool launches, click the tab that says Download.
- Inside the Download tab is a button that says Scatter-loading. Click on it and select the Scatter file that has come with the stock ROM archive.
- You should now see a number of checkboxes in the SP Flash Tool. Make sure all of them are checkmarked.
- Click on the Download button in the tool.
- Turn off your phone.
- Keep your phone turned off and plug it in to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- The SP Flash Tool should automatically start flashing the stock ROM on your phone.
- Wait for the tool to finish installing the ROM on your phone.
- When the tool’s done flashing the ROM, reboot your phone.
- You are now unrooted!
Your Elephone P6000 Pro should now be unrooted and should be running the official stock firmware.
Root access is now gone from your phone and you will not be able to run any root-requiring apps on your phone from now on. However, you can always re-root your phone and gain access to the root-requiring apps once again.
Your phone is now as pure and new as it was when you first unboxed it. It now runs all the default settings, default apps, and everything default. Feel free to start customizing it as per your wishes as it is completely factory running phone now.