For any reasons, if you wish to unroot your HTC Desire Eye, the guide below should help you do that.
There are a number of reasons as to why you want to unroot your device. Maybe you don’t like the customizations that you did to your phone after rooting it or maybe you simply want to flash back the stock ROM to get everything back to the default. Regardless of the reasons, here’s how to unroot and get your HTC Desire Eye back to the stock:
Files You Need
- This tutorial requires you to have a computer that runs on Windows.
- Download and install HTC USB drivers on your computer, if they aren’t already installed.
- Download Stock RUU for your HTC Desire Eye to your computer. It’s the stock ROM for your phone.
- Download Fastboot to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the stock ROM on your phone.
- Make sure that you’re doing this tutorial only on the HTC Desire Eye. It’ll brick other devices.
Unrooting the HTC Desire Eye
- Right-click on Fastboot and select Extract here to extract the compressed files. Do not extract Stock RUU, let it be what it is.
- Head to Menu->Settings->Developer options on your phone and turn on USB debugging.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Launch a Command Prompt – CMD – window in the folder where Fastboot files are located. Fastboot and Stock RUU files should be in the same folder or the steps below won’t work. To open the window, hold down Shift and right-click on your screen and select Open command window here.
- Type in the following command and hit Enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- It will reboot your phone into bootloader mode.
- Now, issue the following command using the CMD window:
fastboot oem rebootRUU
- Here’s the command that will flash the stock RUU on your phone. Issue it using the CMD window. Make sure to replace StockROM.zip with the actual stock ROM file name.
fastboot flash zip StockROM.zip
- Wait for it to flash the selected zip file on your phone.
- In case it fails to flash the file, issue the command again and it’ll succeed this time.
- When it’s done flashing the ROM, reboot your phone.
- You’re done!
Your HTC Desire Eye should now be unrooted and back to the stock.