The most common reason to unroot your Android smartphones and tablets is so that you can update them. Most people advise against updating the software with official over the air updates when you have root access because it can brick down the device. Once you apply an update manually or unroot the Huawei device a different way, you can start accepting over the air updates once again.
The Files You Need
- Download the Z4Root APK file from XDA Developers on this page.
- You should have rooted the Huawei Ascend M860 using the Z4Root method. If you used a different method on your device, the following steps might be ineffective.
- We are only sure this tool works on Windows PCs. While there is a chance that the Z4Root app can work on other operating systems, we have not trialed and therefore do not recommend it.
Unrooting The Huawei Ascend M860
- Download the Z4Root APK directly to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the Huawei Ascend M860 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the Z4Root APK file from the computer over to the internal storage SD card on the smartphone you are using.
- Once you are confident the unrooting file is on the SD card, unplug the device from the computer and the USB cable.
- Open any File manager on your device and install the APK file just like you would any other APK file.
- Tap the app from the app drawer so that it launches.
- Tap your finger over the ‘Unroot’ option from within the app.
- Wait without touching any buttons on the device until it is unrooted.
- Now that you have unrooted the Huawei Ascend M860, you can install official OTA updates from your phone carrier networks. In addition to the updates, you can use the warranty if your device is still under warranty. The warranty is void under the time you are using the device with root access.
- You can install the root checker app and see how it went. if the app tells you it doesn’t have root access anymore, then you know it worked well.